Yoga is considerably one of the most popular workout regimes practiced today. Known for its challenging stretches, positions, and poses, yoga is a type of exercise that focuses on improving strength, balance, and flexibility. But aside from that, what could possibly be the benefits of doing yoga? We listed some of the reasons and benefits why you should join a yoga class today.
Types of Yoga
Before going through the reasons why you should join a yoga session, let us first go through the different types of yoga classes that you can try and choose from:
- Hatha yoga – focuses on strengthening and purifying the body by extensive physical poses and breathing techniques.
- Iyengar yoga – emphasize on alignment by maintaining yoga poses for relatively longer periods.
- Ashtanga yoga – also referred to as power yoga, this type of yoga is a lot more intense a fast-paced which is designed to build both endurance and strength.
- Bikram yoga – typically performed in a room with a higher temperature, this type of yoga workout involves a set of 26 standing and balance poses.
- Restorative yoga – emphasize on relacing and calming the body through a series of poses that is meant to stretch tense muscles.
- Kripalu yoga – focus on slower and gentler movements that emphasize balance, control, and flexibility
Benefits of doing yoga
Considering the popularity of yoga, it is no surprise that more and more people are slowly becoming inclined to give the workout a try. With that, here are some of the benefits of doing yoga on a regular basis:
Improve strength, flexibility, and balance
As mentioned earlier, yoga workouts aim to engage the body through a series of stretches and poses that are notably hard to maintain. Despite it’s relatively slow and low-impact exercises, yoga is an effective workout regime that can work your muscles while also relaxing and calming the mind and body. Aside from that, working your body also reduces the risk of injury as well improve posture and health.
Considering that yoga is rooted from the Indian philosophy that includes both the mind and body, one of the benefits of doing yoga is that it allows you to be more connected and aware of your thoughts and energy. Considering that yoga encourages you to focus your energy on each movement and pose, you can slowly soothe and relax your mind as you concentrate throughout the session.
It’s for everyone
Unlike the common misconception that you need to be fit and flexible to do yoga, this kind of workout actually caters to all body types and fitness level. Considering that there is a variety of yoga classes that you can choose from, you can slowly build your endurance and let your body adjust to the requirements of yoga workouts.
Want to know more about yoga and fitness? Head over to www.lotuskitty.com for more lifestyle tips on fitness and exercise.
Yoga classes are widely available in most cities, thus making your yoga journey a bit more attainable. Regardless, whether or not you decide to give yoga a try, this article hopefully gave you enough information on what to expect and gain with each yoga class that you go through.